Capital of Texas Chapter
Contact: Lee Cantrelle Account Executive
2400 Veterans Blvd. Ste. 480 , Kenner , LA 70062
888.866.0322 T 504.712.3074
Will be responsible for establishing strategies, processes and procedures to assist Business Units and Enterprise Organizational Support units in the deployment of advance arrangements and procedures to ensure the organizations can respond to planned and unplanned events. To ensure that the critical business functions can be resumed within a defined time frame, the amount of loss can be minimized, and any stricken facilities operational business functions can be restored. This responsibility includes providing the business units with consistently repeatable processes that assist the business units in the design, development, maintenance, and exercising (testing) of the overall disaster recovery, business continuity, and business resumption plans for each critical functional area.
Company: BC Management
BC Management- Job Order# 1765
Job Title: Senior Manager
Industry: Professional Services
Position Type: Full Time/ Permanent
Department: Crisis & Security Consulting Department
Location: Houston, TX (Local Candidates Only)
Salary Range: 90K - low 100's (DOE)
Our client delivers end-to-end life-cycle business continuity solutions to corporate clients by focusing on business requirements and applying industry-leading practices.
BC Management's client is seeking an experienced and business-minded professional with creativity, initiative and strong leadership skills to establish a new regional focus for the North American Business Continuity Consulting practice.
- Dual business development and service delivery role facing regional clients
- Establish new geographic presence, beyond current practice base in WDC
- Report directly to National Director for Business Continuity Consulting
- Pioneer industry evolution through thought leadership and idea advocacy
- Identify, scope, and capture new business opportunities
- Project-manage business resilience consulting engagements of diverse scope and complexity consistent with industry best practice
- Deliver 'life-cycle' business continuity consulting services, including requirements and business impact analysis, solution design, plan development, documentation, awareness training, testing, and maintenance processes
- Manage leveraged consulting staff, to be hired as a result of intended growth
- Must have 4+ years of professional services background.
- Must have exceptional written and interpersonal communications skills
- Must work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Must have demonstrated leadership capacity as a 'self-regulating' operator
- Must have the ability to multi-task and balance competing requirements
- Excellent client relationship skills-able to 'reassure' as well as deliver
- At least 4 years of business continuity/business resilience experience with well-respected organizations (3+ years with at least one employer preferred)
- Experience successfully managing others in project team settings
- Ability to deliver programmatic solutions through all phases of the BC life-cycle
- Ability to communicate and understand BC needs of both business
functional and IT managers (i.e. balanced skill set)
- Ability to undertake frequent, short trips
- CBCP certification from DRII preferred
- Bachelors Degree preferred.
Location and Salary:
- Position will be based at in downtown Houston, TX
- Generous salary and benefits commensurate with experience and cost of living.
To apply, please send your resume to Diana White at email@example.com.
Company: City of Austin.
Position Title: Information Security (Network Systems Senior Administrator)
Job Requisition Number: 063606
Application site: here
Prefer experience in the following:
- Expert knowledge of operating systems such as Windows, UNIX and/or Cisco IOS.
- Knowledge and experience using Cisco devices.
- Demonstrated experience with security devices.
- Experience managing technology projects.
- Must be able to obtain forensics certification and CISSP.
- A certification in forensics or CISSP.
Assumes sole responsibility for all aspects of a specific application/system.
Serves as the point of contact for all customer issues, coordinate implementation and maintenance issues.
Assumes sole responsibility for assigned enterprise wide maintenance procedures such as daily backup of file servers and networked workstations.
Serves as mentor to technical support staff on all network related aspects of the department's technology architecture.
Serves as project manager/team leader on assigned projects.
Assists with the overall procurement process by specifying network hardware and software and obtaining vendor quotes.
Assists with the establishment of network security policies. Implement security policies and department's networks.
Installs, administers, and maintains local area and wide area networks.
Maintains various networked applications as assigned.
Supports networking efforts with other agencies and organizations via wide area networks (WANs) and the Internet as assigned.
Analyzes computer automation need and recommends department standards for hardware and software providing feasibility and cost analysis of automation needs.
Diagnoses network problems and initiate repair working with vendors to resolve technical questions.
Tests and evaluates new software and hardware.
Assures all installations are in accordance with manufacturer's specifications.
Installs and maintains networked personal computers, servers, networks, and associated networked peripheral equipment and ensure proper set-up.
Install operating system and application software and associated upgrades.
Disassembles systems and networks and relocates as required.
Communicates user errors and explains steps to avoid similar problems in the future providing demonstrations and hands-on training on computer related topics.
Provides telephone support to user's questions.
Performs preventive maintenance as needed advising and training on-site personnel in proper maintenance procedures.
Assists in planning for both new and replacement equipment and software purchases.
To ACP Corporate|Contact
Home|About Us|Events|Publications|Education|Membership|Employment|Resources|Contact Us